Welcome back to the 2022-2023 school year! I hope that you all had a wonderful, joyful summer break and enjoyed special time with friends and family. The summer break provides our students, parents, and teachers with time away from our everyday tasks and routines which can be remarkably restorative. I am confident that, as always, everyone is ready to return to work and to study with renewed vigor and enthusiasm.
The start of the 2022-2023 academic year provides an ideal time to reflect on where our school has been and where we are heading. As we continue to celebrate our hard work and successes as an institution, we recognize the formative events that helped make UCA the extraordinary school that it is today. I look forward with excitement to the future, where UCA’s learning community will continue to protect, progress, and persevere. I am pleased to be able to say that we are well on our way!
Let’s come together for another fresh year to build success and to create fresh possibilities and opportunities!
The Universal College – Aley has, since 1907, been a learning community united in its commitment to ensuring all students graduate with confidence and competence. The renewal and restoration of that commitment to bring the tradition of a quality, educational and personal excellence, a strong work ethic, and an enthusiasm for life-long learning to the new millennium will provide “world-class” performance standards that can be applied to the “real world”. This will be achieved through the implementation of quality in instruction, operations, and leadership.
Our Ethical Standards
UCA remains committed to being a place where every student is treated fairly, and with dignity and respect. The expectation is that every student will demonstrate these same qualities when interacting with each other, teachers, staff, and administrators. UCA sets forth high personal and academic expectations for all members of the learning community. In addition to high academic standards, UCA intends that students also develop and maintain clear moral/ethical standards and community supported values by which they live their lives.
Our Values and Beliefs
The Universal College – Aley graduates thoughtful students who are stimulated by individual success and are capable of meeting future challenges. This is accomplished by providing a laboratory setting at all grade levels to establish and nurture the use of cooperative and collaborative dialogue among all members of the school community.
We believe that:
- Student learning is our highest priority.
- Learning is enhanced by personalized relationships.
- Students learn at different rates/in different ways.
- Students demonstrate their knowledge, abilities, skills and understanding in different ways.
- Each student is unique and has worth.
- Learning how to learn is of critical importance.
- The best schools make learning relevant.
- Students learn values in school.
- Everyone is motivated by success.
- Expectations affect outcomes.
- Education quality depends on staff quality.
- Physical well-being affects learning.
- Risk is essential to growth.
- Excellence requires time, effort and funding.
- The school community is made up of school personnel, students, parents and community.
- Effective change requires active participation from the entire school community.
- Preparing students for the future is the responsibility of the entire school community.